Share your travel experiences – Write for Us
Would you like to become part of a community of other mums and dads of boys, where you can share your travel experiences and team up with like minded people? If the answer is yes, then you’ve found the right place.
At Travel with Boys, we are on a mission to uncover all that is great about Australia, from the hidden treasurers to the iconic experiences. We are looking for the day trips and road trips, the bushwalks and city strolls, the beaches and outback adventures.
But it’s not just Australia we are looking to reveal. We also want to find out where are some of the best places throughout the world for families of boys to holiday, and how can we make it easier for them to do it.
Getting involved is easy
Email through your first article including images and we’ll let you know what we think within 7 days. But before you get writing, take a look at the information below so that you know we are all on the same page. Please email your article in a Word document and your photos as either JPG or PNG files to hello @ travelwithboys.com (please remove the spaces in the email address before sending – it’s to stop being overrun with spam)
What can you write about?
- A destination – a city, town, beach, island or even national park. What are the must see’s, the hidden treasures, the fun activities, plus where to eat, sleep, and how to get there and around the place.
- Day trips from any major Australian city – such as the best waterholes, fruit picking, farm activities, bush walks, lakes, national parks, towns, fishing, and 4WD tracks.
- Road trips – Where did you go, what did you see, where to stop, how long did it take, what are your top tips, what would you change if you could do it again?
- Adventure activities – such as camping on Fraser Island, kayaking down the Clarence River, bushwalking through Crows Nest Falls, 4WD trip.
- How to’s – How to campervan around NZ, how to 4WD on the beach, how to survive camping with babies/toddlers/or teenagers, how to pack carry on only for your next trip.
- Gear lists – what did you take on your road trip to the Simpson Desert, outback camping trip, or bushwalk in the mountains.
- Reviews – What piece/s of travel gear have you used and love? (strollers, car seats, baby carriers, bottle warmers, handbags, luggage, travel beds, high chairs, travel pillows etc.) Have you stayed somewhere you think others would love to know about?
All of the above are examples of which many are yet to be written. Take a look at our website to make sure what you want to write about isn’t already up there as we don’t want double-ups. If in doubt, please ask.
Who can write?
We are looking for contributions from mums and dads of boys, and even boys themselves (aged 17 and under).
Can you still write if you have boys and girls in your family? Well of course you can, because you still know exactly what it’s like to travel with boys. Just leave out the parts where you discovered a new place to have mother-daughter facials, the fairy shop and anything else most boys wouldn’t be interested in. (not to say they don’t believe in fairies!)
What’s in it for you?
- Being a part of Australia’s first travel community only for families with boys.
- Collaborating with like minded people who know what it’s like to raise and travel with boys.
- Receive full credit for your story and photos with a bio and photo of you with your story. A link to your blog or social media (if appropriate).
- Increased exposure of your work through our growing website and social media channels
- Potential for paid freelance opportunities
- Ideally, stories should be between 600 and 1000 words.
- Only original contentnot published elsewhere will be accepted.
- Photos: All photos must be owned or taken by you, and you have permission from the people who appear in the photo to publish. If you don’t have any photos, please let us know before you start writing, as we don’t like using stock photos. Please provide: 3 to 5 high quality landscape photos of at least 1200 pixels wide x 800 high for use in the story; 1 high quality portrait photo 800 pixels wide x 1200 high for a Pinterest cover; a 300 x 300 pixel photo of you to go with your bio.
- We reserve the right to edit your article. Should we need to do more than minor revisions such as spelling and grammar, we will email you a copy of the revised story prior to publishing.
- You cannot publish your submitted story elsewhereonline unless agreed in writing prior by Travel with Boys. Images belonging to you may be used elsewhere.
- Travel with Boys offers no monetary compensationfor articles, but writer bios with links and photo will be added to each article for readers to discover more about you.
- Please provide a brief 2-3 sentence author bio, briefly explaining who you are. Include something interesting or unique that will brighten everyone’s day. If you have a relevant website such as a travel blog and social media links, please include them with your bio. We will include one link to your website and three to your social media per post. These links will be added at our discretion.
- We publish all stories in UK English.
- You must advise us if the trip was sponsored in any way.
- Please include any relevant linksto attractions and destinations you mention.
Travel with Boys may add it’s own affiliate links if appropriate. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this.Please let us know if you have any questions along the way and take a look at our website to get an idea of our writing style travelwithboys.com
If your submission is successful, we will notify you within seven days.
Please note: We do not accept guest posts that are advertising your product or service. If you would like to advertise with us or have us review your product, please email: hello(at)travelwithboys.com for further information.